Sunday, June 22, 2014

Broken Glass quilt

I really like Jen Kingwell's patterns so it was only a matter of time before I got bitten by the bug and started one. I  had a lovely stack of AMH Dowry, True Colors, Hand Drawn Garden and a few other AMH bits and pieces so decided these would look amazing in her Broken Glass quilt.




I must have counted wrong though as I ended up with 60 more triangles than I was supposed to, and I wasn't going to waste them, so it has ended up being a huge quilt!  The triangles are cut from a template and this was the most tedious part. I cut about 4 - 6 triangles from each fabric, so there aren't too many repeats.  Then the piecing began....




I chain pieced the triangles together to save time and then recruited in extra help to speed things up.




And then it started to take shape....







Now I have to just sew all the blocks together...

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic quilt! The pattern looks like a must have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this to bits! Do you appliqué circles over the centre joins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your helper... he's even smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! It's going to be a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is going to be a beauty - bet you finish it before Rachel does her AMH ones .... no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Deb, this is amazing! Love it. I need to find me a helper, which aisle of the LQS are they located in? ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...