Saturday, June 28, 2014

ALYOF - Patchwork Prism quilt completed

Patchwork Prism quilt completed


My goal for June was to finish this mini quilt for the Sew Sew Modern swap on flickr. I just love how this has turned out.  My partner loves colour, rainbows and similar designers to what I do, so I hope she likes this.

 I scaled down the original version of Anna Maria Horner's Patchwork Prism  to make 2.5" triangles.  I have used a variety  of fabrics...213 in total.  The effect of the prisms is better if you stand further away from it, so it will be perfect on the wall.

For the back, I just used a Joel Dewberry print. I thought the front was busy enough without making it too riotous on the back!




I straight line quilted it with my walking foot, following the triangles. And for the binding I used a print from the Botanics range by Carolyn Friedlander which blends in really well with the rainbow on the front.





Linking up with 


8 comments:

  1. Cool prism quilt :) I think your swap partner will be very, very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful, Deb! I love it and now I want to make one myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - looks like a perfect swap gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Deb - your partner will too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking great. I never get tired of rainbow colors and this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Great work. I'm such a sucker for a rainbow and a triangle combination. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...