Sunday, March 02, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes - March goal

About 18 months ago when granny square quilts were the thing all over blogland, I joined a granny square swap on flickr.   There were 24 members in each group.  We had pre-allocated colours, but could choose what colour combo we wanted to make.  I have a ton of blue and green so went for this colorway. We could also choose whether we went for snow, white or charcoal backgrounds, but there could only be 8 members in each colorway. We made 24 blocks (8 white, 8 show and 8 charcoal) and duly dispatched them off to the swap leader to be sorted out and  sent to the members.


Not Your Granny's Bee 


The tutorial we used was one by Katy at I'm a Ginger Monkey. So easy to follow and much easier than piecing a ton of tiny squares!  

I managed to get the squares sewn together but that is as far as I got. My goal for this month is to finish this quilt.

Granny square swap


Linking up with

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt. I've not used the charcoal - I do like that with the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Its gorgeous!!!! I love how the background fabric makes all the colors pop up. Congrats! Its going to be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see how you quilt it ! ...I have the same to be quilted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is gonna be something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous quilt, I still love granny square blocks even so long after they were en-vogue

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...