Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Tula Pink blocks and Lucky Stars

I am really enjoying these little blocks.  I am trying to keep to Tula's colors or thereabouts as I just adore her finished rainbow quilt.  I don't have a huge range of her fabrics, apart from a few yards of Prince Charming and Parisville. and some odds and ends of Birds and Bees.   However, I did see some Salt Water in my local store for NZD$28 (now don't fall off your chairs US gals as that equates to USD$22, which is normal price here for fabric) and before I knew it I had picked out 7 FQ and the credit card was in the machine!  I buy all my fabric from online US stores so that very rarely pay that much for fabric.

Block13
Block 14
Block 15
Block 16 
Block 17 
Block 18
My other finish for the month is the June Lucky Stars BOM block. I love how this turned out but did not enjoy the piecing of this one so much.  I think it is my fav one so far.  The matching of the lines is more good luck than good management! The green and the center fabric are Sarah Fielke's fabric "On the Pond"


2 comments:

  1. Don't you think our US friends would have heart attacks if they knew how much fabric costs here? It's really insane - I try to shop local sometimes to support the local shop owners, but honestly I could only buy about a quarter of the fabric I want to if I didn't shop online. Even with shipping it's SO much cheaper. Your blocks are looking very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great. I really like the Lucky Stars block, your colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...