Monday, February 07, 2011

Baby quilt top done


With the hot weather this past weekend, it was much cooler to stay inside and sew.  Remember my friend who is pregnant...well her baby shower is in 2 weeks time so I pieced and sewed the top to the quilt I am going to give her. As I don't know the sex at this time I wanted to make something in bright primary colours that would suit either a boy or a girl.

I used Elizabeth Hartman's Frames baby quilt as a base and just mixed it up a little differently.  It looks lovely and bright in real life. The photo seems to pick up the lime batik more than it looks on the actual quilt top and has washed out the other colours. I hope to get it finished this weekend.




3 comments:

  1. I love boxy, bright for baby quilts. This is so cute - just love the buggy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quilt!!! And I just saw that you had a big win over at Canton Village Quilt Works - congratulations!! A good way to start the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and bright for a baby

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...